Impossible the burn DVD with the new FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE?

Marius Strobl marius at alchemy.franken.de
Tue Dec 4 23:47:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 12:04:07PM -0500, angelv wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a new installation of FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE

Make sure to compile these ports, i.e. actually all ports using
libcam, yourself and don't use the official packages for 9.0.
Unfortunately, there was an ABI breakage late in the release
cycle but the affected packages have not been recompiled. Also,
with 9.0 and later, you must not use atapicam(4) (unless you
throw out options ATA_CAM from your kernel). Otherwise I've no
idea why there should be a regression at the ports level if
things worked before.

Marius