web FreeBSD Ports Search is out of sync

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 09:48:09 UTC 2012

On 02/12/2012 09:32, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>> If you're running 2.9 OPTIONSng should be handled correctly.  It
>> > doesn't matter much: the exact format of the OPTIONS variables
>> > doesn't make much difference to building the INDEX, only detecting
>> > when they've been changed.

>  # pkg info p5-FreeBSD-Portindex
> p5-FreeBSD-Portindex-2.9       Incremental FreeBSD ports INDEX file generation
>
> So what exactly are you checking WRT option files?

Basically, just the timestamp on the file.  If it's newer than the last
time cache-update was run, then the corresponding port needs rechecking.

Or if there is a new options file.  The 'unknown options file' error
comes about by comparing the makefiles included from the ports with the
contents of the /var/db/ports directory.

... and thinking about it, after the benefit of sufficient coffee, it's
now clear to me that logic is incorrect: it can't distinguish between a
newly created options file and a leftover from a removed port.

Does no harm, but won't work out that because there's a new options file
at least one port needs rechecking, or identify the port(s) to recheck.
 I should fix that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--