fresh install of kde4 fails -> japanese/kiten

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:34:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Jim Pazarena <fports at paz.bz> wrote:
>> I use:  csup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
>>
>> and ports-supfile
>> has all the recommended defaults, including "ports-all"
>>
>> what am I missing?
>
> I don't know, maybe something went wrong in the past, but for sure
> that file (at least) is out of date. I suggest checking out a new
> ports tree with portsnap or Subversion.

I strongly recommend using svn so you will have revision numbers.
Install devel/subversion
rehash
rm -rf /usr/ports/*
svn co svn://svn0.us-west.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

Once you do this, don't run csup again. If something outside of svn
modifies the files, you will need to fix conflicts and that can be a
pain.
Of course, you can make your own mods, but you will need to resolve
conflicts. This is not much of a problem for a small number of files.
There are several easy way to maintain you own patched ports and merge
them into the main tree.

Once you have checked out the ports tree, use 'svn up /usr/ports' to
update them to the latest revision or specify a revision to roll back
to an older revision. Use the svn web interface to look up revisions
at http://svnweb.freebsd.org.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com