sysutils/conky Configure Options in Makefile

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Tue Aug 28 20:41:04 UTC 2012

Hi

I have installed conky for use with my wm which is Spectrwm. However, looking in the conky Makefile one of the configure options has been disabled, tcp monitoring (--disable-portmon), which is a feature i'd quite like to have available. Is there a reason the maintainer has disabled this option, perhaps due to security or incompatibility, etc., that anyone knows of? I have emailed the maintainer who's address is in the Makefile but i've not had a response. I wasn't sure if contacting maintainers directly is the correct/preferred approach with such matters so i'm asking here.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might have some thoughts to offer on this.

Best wishes, Jamie.