gdb doesn't work well with qtcreator

HU Dong itechbear at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:10:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Luca Pizzamiglio <
l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de> wrote:

> Hi HU,
> I tested QtCreator on a 8-STABLE i386 machine and a 9-STABLE amd64 machine.
> In both cases I'm not able to reproduce the error....
>
> Regards,
> Luca
>
> On 08/14/12 02:29, HU Dong wrote:
> > waiting for your furthur reply.
> >
> > B.R.
> > HU Dong
> > On Monday, August 13, 2012, Luca Pizzamiglio
> > <l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de <mailto:l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de>>
> wrote:
> >  > Hi HU,
> >  >
> >  > I tried QtCreator 2.5.0 (Based on Qt 4.8.2 - 32 bit) on my 8-STABLE
> > i386 system.
> >  >
> >  > gdb works good (only one worning about inappropriate ioctl for
> > terminal device), but it works as expected.
> >  >
> >  > If I've time, I could try on a 9-STABLE system.
> >  >
> >  > Regards,
> >  > Luca
> >  >
> >  > On 08/13/12 10:23, HU Dong wrote:
> >  >>
> >  >> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Luca Pizzamiglio
> >  >> <l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de <mailto:l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de>
> > <mailto:l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de
> > <mailto:l.pizzamiglio at bally-wulff.de>>> wrote:
> >  >>
> >  >>     Hi.
> >  >>     Could you provide a simple repro-case? Is your application a
> >  >>     multi-thread one?
> >  >>
> >  >>     I'm using gdb 7.4.1_4 with KDevelop without problem, but my
> >  >>     applications are not Qt based...
> >  >>
> >  >>     Regards,
> >  >>     Luca
> >  >>
> >  >>
> >  >>     On 08/09/12 14:02, HU Dong wrote:
> >  >>
> >  >>         On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Konstantin Tokarev
> >  >>         <annulen at yandex.ru <mailto:annulen at yandex.ru>
> > <mailto:annulen at yandex.ru <mailto:annulen at yandex.ru>>> wrote:
> >  >>
> >  >>
> >  >>
> >  >>             09.08.2012, 15:50, "HU Dong" <itechbear at gmail.com
> > <mailto:itechbear at gmail.com>
> >  >>             <mailto:itechbear at gmail.com <mailto:itechbear at gmail.com
> >  >>
> >  >>                 Hi,all!
> >  >>                       I just installed devel/qtcreator from port.
> >  >>                 Everything seemed to
> >  >>                 work fine except the debugger. At first I set it to
> >  >>                 /usr/bin/gdb, it
> >  >>                 simply crashed when I started debugging, with a
> dialog
> >  >>                 reporting "The
> [...]

It's kinda weird. I deleted 2.5.0, and tried installing 2.0 with pkg_add -r
command. The debugger worked.

I've submitted debugger log to qt creator bugreport site, hoping they could
find some clues. Thank you very much!

However I've switched to kdevelop and it's OK. Thank you!

B.R.
HU Dong