[CFT] TexLive port

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 12 08:50:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:12:33AM +0200, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> On 31/07/2012 00:48, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> > I have a well working TexLive 2012 port, intended to be a replacement
> > for teTex.

> > Because a lot of things depend on a working TeX install I'd like to
> > have some volunteers in a week.
>
> Here we go:
> http://www.home.hs-karlsruhe.de/~fado1011/texlive/
>
> # mkdir ~/texlive
> # cd ~/texlive
> # fetch http://www.home.hs-karlsruhe.de/~fado1011/texlive/patch-ports-graphics-poppler.txt http://www.home.hs-karlsruhe.de/~fado1011/texlive/shar-ports-print-texlive.txt
> # cd /usr
> # patch < ~/texlive/patch-ports-graphics-poppler.txt
> # sh ~/texlive/shar-ports-print-texlive.txt
> # portmaster graphics/poppler
>
> If you don't have teTeX installed:
> # portmaster print/texlive
>
> If you have teTeX installed:
> # portmaster -o print/texlive-texmf print/teTeX-texmf
> # portmaster -o print/texlive-base print/teTeX-base
> # portmaster -o print/texlive print/teTeX
>

> The texlive-texmf distfile is huge and ftp.tug.org is slow. If somebody
> knows any mirrors, please let me know!
>
> Regards
>
> --
> A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Hi,

First thanks for this work.

Are you aware of: http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ ? romain@ has been
working and maintaining those ports for a while and has plan to merge them into
the ports tree once he is back from vacations (in about a month iirc) did you
contact him? maybe both of your work can be merged? I know hrs@ also has/had?
plan about texlive, merging the effort and plan could be good.

regards,
Bapt