pkgconf issue ?

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Thu Aug 9 22:47:55 UTC 2012

2012/8/9 Tijl Coosemans <tijl at coosemans.org>:
> On 09-08-2012 15:14, Olivier Smedts wrote:
>> All my ports are up-to-date and I've previously dealt with the
>> pkg-config -> pkgconf transition by reading UPDATING. No problems.
>>
>> But now I try to install a port which depends on ports I didn't have,
>> which in turn depend on cairo... and they fail to build. And it's
>> strange because there seems to be a problem with pkgconf, at least on
>> my system :
>>
>> # pkg-config --cflags cairo
>> Package glproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glproto.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'glproto' found
>
> I opened a PR for this a month ago:

OK this explains my problem, partly, but I'm nearly sure that even
with gl.pc missing, pkg-config handled this situation and correctly
gave the good cairo (for example, with my cairo depending on gl)
cflags and includes, while with pkgconf it fails to give the good
include path. That's why I cc'ed bapt.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."