pkgconf issue ?

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Thu Aug 9 13:14:12 UTC 2012

Hello list,

All my ports are up-to-date and I've previously dealt with the
pkg-config -> pkgconf transition by reading UPDATING. No problems.

But now I try to install a port which depends on ports I didn't have,
which in turn depend on cairo... and they fail to build. And it's
strange because there seems to be a problem with pkgconf, at least on
my system :

# pkg-config --cflags cairo
Package glproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glproto.pc'
No package 'glproto' found
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2

There's no -I/usr/local/include/cairo, that's why the ports which
depend on cairo fail to build.

# grep include /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/cairo.pc
includedir=${prefix}/include
Cflags: -I${includedir}/cairo

The cairo.pc file is not to blame. I noticed the error message for
glproto and tried to install it. I must say that I delete all
build-depends only after installing ports.

# portmaster x11/glproto
===>>> Installation of x11/glproto (glproto-1.4.15) complete
# pkg-config --cflags cairo
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -D_REENTRANT
-I/usr/local/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/libdrm
-D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/libpng15
-I/usr/local/include/cairo

It now works ! But glproto is not required by anything on my system,
so it can be deinstalled and the problem reappears. I've got GL, XCB
and GLIB options for my cairo port. Maybe there's a dependency problem
with cairo and the GL option... but I don't think pkgconf should fail
setting the CFLAGS in this case. It was previously working with
pkg-config.

Thanks

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."