How to change docdir in port Makefile?

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 7 05:37:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM, HU Dong <itechbear at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all. I'm making a new port. It uses GNU configure to generate a
> GNU Makefile. But it set DOCSDIR to
> ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION} instead
> of ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${PORTNAME}:
>
> ***
> docdir = $(prefix)/share/doc/$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION)
> ***
>
> I've tried post-patch, but it didn't help, cause post-patch phase is
> earlier than the time when GNU Makefile is generated. So how to modify the
> GNU Makefile to correct this problem?
>
> B.R.
> HU Dong

If it is generated from, I assume a Makefile.in, or similar file, try
patching that file. Then your change
should follow. I had to take this approach for deskutils/virt-manager
recently for NLS location
change.

Hope this helps.

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh