[CFT] editors/emacs to 24.1

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 2 22:15:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, the wise Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay in updating editors/emacs port, due to personal
> stuff.
>
> I've started work on the updating, and I've created a diff[1] to update
> port to 24.1 as well as converted it to use OptionsNG[2] framework.
>
> Canna support is contributed by Yuji TAKANO (CC'ed). If you experience
> any issues with that please let him know. :)
>
> It seems to build fine, and I'm using it. It needs to be tested with its
> dependent ports, and I'll test all of that this week.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I portupgraded to 24.1 but have problems with it.

In Fluxbox Emacs causes a complete lockup of my desktop and it seems that
Fluxbox has a problem with it. I also tried 24.1 in Gnome 2 but there
Emacs just coredumps.

I run FreeBSD 9-STABLE i386.

Regards,
Marco

--
Joe's sister puts spaghetti in her shoes!