MATE 'base' desktop is ready for anyone to test it.

Andrew W. Nosenko andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:09:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like MATE is gathering steam. I saw that Fedora is switching
> from Gnome3 to MATE

Are you sure?  Can you point me to announce, e-mail in mailing list or
something like that?  Not the messages like "now MATE available for
Fedora", but "Fedora prefers MATE over Gnome3" or "MATE is the default
DE for Fedora replacing Gnome3", or something like that.

Reason: Fedora is RedHat project.  Gnome3 driven by RedHat people
mostly.  Therefore, "Fedora switches from Gnome to MATE" essencially
would to mean "RedHat switches has focus from Gnome to MATE" that
would to mean "Gnome loses the major supporter and driving force".

Therefore: please, point me to the source of your "Fedora is switching
from Gnome3 to MATE" statement or be more accurate in citing and/or
interpretation.

"MATE proposed to inclusion into Fedora 18" absolutelly not equal to
"MATE replaces Gnome3 in in Fedora 18" nor "Fedora 18 switches from
Gnome3 to MATE".

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com>