Problems with wrtiting new port: plugin installation

Mikle Krutov neko at takino.org
Thu Apr 26 08:14:45 UTC 2012

Hello ports@!
I'm updating now the graphics/zathura port [1]
Its developer has slightly changed the program to support plugins.
So after installation of new version I need to install some plugin to
view differents types of documents. For now, PDF, DJVU and some other
plugins exist.
So, in my Makefile of graphics/zathura I have:

OPTIONS=       POPPLERPDF      "Poppler PDF Viewer Plugin" On \
               MUPDF           "MuPDF Viewer Plugin" Off

And, slightly later:

.if defined (WITH_POPPLERPDF)
RUN_DEPENDS=   ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/zathura-pdf-poppler
.endif
.if defined (WITH_MUPDF)
RUN_DEPENDS=   ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/zathura-pdf-mupdf
.endif

(All the ports in attached shar archive)

While it works OK on writing options I choose (in
/var/db/ports/zathura), it does not work for actual compiling of the
plugins: ports system just does nothing after zathura installation.

What am I doing wrong?

I've talked the situation over with MAINTAINER, and he recommends just
to have an echo with 'You have to install blah-blah-blah' in
post-install, which I do not like.

Also is there any way to have after-install LIB_DEPENDS in ports?
Because ${NONEXISTENT} is kludgy, and plugins are .so in
$LOCALBASE/lib/zathura?

[1] http://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/

--
Krutov Mihail ||  Takino.org