New X.Org

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Apr 23 12:59:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I have a Radeon card, so, does this mean I will get xorg-server? Any way to
> get 1.10? Any advantage into this?

A Radeon 4650 is working fine here with xorg-server 1.10.6 and mesa
7.11.  So far there are no Firefox title bar artifacts like there were
occasionally with the earlier version.

> Also, I have WITHOUT_NOUVEAU in /etc/make.conf. Should I remove it?

Yes, replace it with WITH_NEW_XORG=yes.  Then rebuild graphics/libdrm,
xorg-server, xf86-input-*, xf86-video-*, and... a few other things I
should have taken notes on.