port dependencies with port options

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:17:50 UTC 2012

Chris Inacio <nacho319 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So let me see if I understand the conversation so far correctly:
>
> (*) If I want to detect it, then I would need something like a new library
> name output from from fixbuf based on the build.  (This currently doesn't
> exist.)

New library name is not for detection; net/libfixbuf installs
libfixbuf.so (and a bunch of related files), what you need is a
separate port, net/libfixbuf-spread, that would compile libfixbuf with
Spread support and install a separate library (so it would not
conflict with the one net/libfixbuf installs), e.g.
libfixbuf-spread.so. Then your port, net-mgmt/yaf, depending on the
USE_SPREAD option, will either depend on net/libfixbuf and link with
-lfixbuf, or will depend on net/libfixbuf-spread and will link with
-lfixbuf-spread.

> (*) I could do some split port, but (even being a noob) sounds pretty bad.

It's not hard, and we can help you.

> (*) There isn't a current method that directly queries build options from
> one port to another.

Right.