pkgng beta 11: pkg-static: The database is outdated and opened readonly *** Error code 74

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:58:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Just upgrade your ports tree beta11 is fixed
>> /me feels really ashamed for that bug :)
>
> It hasn't hit the portsnap servers yet.  I'll try again later tonight
> or tomorrow and let you know if things work for me.

Aha!  All good things come to those who wait.  :)  The update just
showed up in portsnap.

And the ports-mgmt/pkg port built successfully.  Running "pkg-static
info" from the workdir was successful.  And, installing the port
completed successfully.

And, doing a portmaster upgrade of another port also completed successfully.

Thanks!!

Keep up the good work on pkg.  All I'm waiting (patiently) for are
some public repos to start cropping online.  :)
--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com