pkgng beta 11: pkg-static: The database is outdated and opened readonly *** Error code 74

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 18 20:46:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 01:31:37PM -0700, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Well normally just once you have build your port (before installing) just make
> > deinstall, ./work/pkg-beta11/pkg-static/pkg-static info, it should upgrade your
> > database.
> >
> > Then make install should finish the work.
>
> And, if it doesn't?
>
> Was running beta8.  Tried to upgrade to beta11.  Got the
> "outdated/opened readonly" error.  Doing the deinstall/pkg-static
> command above gave the same error the first time it was run.  The
> second time it returned successfully but there was 0 output.
>
> Now, running the "pkg-static info" command from the workdir gives the
> exact same "outdated/readonly" error.
>
> Is there anyway to recover the database?  Especially considering that
> /var/db/pkg/ is blank except for the local.sqlite file.

yes there is, are you running what version/arch FreeBSD are you using? depending
on that I can give you the workaround.

I'm still trying to figure out what is preventing beta11 from being about to
upgrade from beta8, and fix it, so can you send me you local.sqlite ?

That would help me fixing this.

regards,
Bapt