ThunderBird 3 and nss_ldap

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed Apr 18 19:01:44 UTC 2012

Hello.

I see ThunderBird 3 is now deprecated and will soon be removed; I know
this decision comes from upstream and I'd be fine with that.

Only, this is the last version working with nss_ldap.
I've reported this back when TB 5.0 came out and I've seen others asking
for help.
There's even a patch (ports/164239) laying there for some time, but I
tried it today and it doesn't seem to help: I still get a crash on
startup and the backtrace still seems to blame some interaction with
nss_ldap.

So, basically, I won't be able to keep using 3 and I won't be able to
run a new version.

Of course I'm willing to do any required testing, but I need some
guidance with them.
If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

  bye & Thanks
	av.