need porting advice: one tool from a larger package

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 17 13:42:16 UTC 2012

I think it makes sense to name the package i2c-tools since if someone finds out about this software, they are going to look for it by that name in the ports tree.

When the person goes to install it, add a pkg-message saying that only certain parts run on freebsd etc.

I did something very similar with the dtracetoolkit. When I made the port, FreeBSD didn't have the pid provider yet, so a large majority of the scripts could not be run. The ones that I could get to run get installed and the other ones don't.

--
Steven Kreuzer