devel/subversion 1.7.4_1 & svnversion errors "E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort"

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Thu Apr 12 15:30:36 UTC 2012

After going through a few problem solving sessions with subversion and
the errors it prints doing a svnversion on /usr/src/sys "E200030:
sqlite: callback requested query abort" I came to the conclusion that
either svnversion is broken in its path discovery or they are implying a
new syntax on which svnversion should be used.

newvers.sh calls svnversion on (.) while in /usr/src/sys which omits the
error: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort.

If svnversion is called on the root directory "/usr/src" there is no
error so I believe either we need to adjust newvers.sh to work on (../)
or create a patch for the current subversion to adjust svnversions path
discovery.

Keep in mind that I have already been through (svn cleanup) and other
such methods of trying to fix this.

Console# sqlite3 .svn/wc.db "pragma integrity_check"
ok

Console# cd /usr/src/sys/
Console# svnversion
svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
Console# svnversion ../
234182M

There have been reports that a checkout after the upgrade to the newer
subversion and sqlite3 that it solves the problem but I have not
verified that at all. Working changes are currently fairly busy.

Thoughts ? Suggestions ?

--
;s =;