Memory leak in xfce4-netload-plugin and xfce4-systemload-plugin - only on FreeBSD?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:05:40 UTC 2012

I see a memory leak (or something like that) in the ports
sysutils/xfce4-netload-plugin
sysutils/xfce4-systemload-plugin

The ports start out using less than 100M of memory (taken from the
SIZE column in top), but over a short time (about a week or two) grows
to almost 1000M.
An example is my workstation, which has been up for  about three days now:
tingo at kg-v2$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-v2.kg4.no 8.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.3-PRERELEASE #5: Fri Apr
 6 21:35:20 CEST 2012
root at kg-v2.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
tingo at kg-v2$ uptime
 8:49PM  up 3 days, 22:19, 20 users, load averages: 0.12, 0.21, 0.23
xfce4-netload-plugin is now at 670M and
xfce4-systemload-plugin is at 509M

Ports on the machine are updated:
root at kg-v2# pv | grep netload
xfce4-netload-plugin-1.1.0  =  up-to-date with port
root at kg-v2# pv | grep systemload
xfce4-systemload-plugin-1.0.0_2  =  up-to-date with port

Does anyone else see this? I reported it originally in the Forums[1] ,
but didn't get any response.

And how can I diagnose the problem further, so that I can provide a
better error report