mail/imaptools: port removal at Monday April 9th

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Apr 10 12:33:50 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,
> I understand your viewpoint, but given the horrible experiences
> certain people had on this kind of thing (you were around then, too),
> I think that the 'make a fork and port that instead' is perfectly
> reasonable.  At least then the software has a maintainer.
>
> Chris

OK, if people will repack rather than loosing; though creating
replacement ports wrappers with new names will be hastle not only
for freebsd.org, but also for FreeBSD users who may have their
own overlay trees of eg ports/*/Makefile.local  with SUBDIR+= a port.
(hastle of variant SUBDIR += needing to be maintained for different
uname -r bases for various local hosts).

When a generic author causes trouble, trying to unpublish published
sources, I suggest FreeBSD insures itself against more trouble
by adding a list of people prepared to witness they saw the
published sources with attached licence, at which URL, on what date.

Witnesses need not be users of a port, nor programmers (so a wider pool).
If some witnesses are non users of a port, it may be seen as more independent.

Maintainer of mail/imaptools (Boris) is welcome to add me to a list of witnesses:
	Distfile:\
	SIZE:\
	MD5:\
	URL:\
	WITNESS:\
	CONTACT:\
	DATE

	imap_tools_V1.135.tar.gz:\
	108952:\
	a7c34141b7512bff69f6ea86952c83bb:\
	http://ftp7.freebsd.org/sites/ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/%5Bpage=123%5D \
	-> \
	http://ftp7.freebsd.org/sites/ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/imap_tools_V1.135.tar.gz\
	Julian H. Stacey:\
	http://berklix.com/~jhs/contact/:\
	Tue Apr 10 14:30:17 CEST 2012

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".