multimedia/zoneminder: rc script runs mysql commands?

wwwdrich drich at employees.org
Mon Apr 2 21:37:47 UTC 2012

I have a K.I.S.S. solution I have been running for a while. Just source the
zm.conf file into the init script and then use the variables there for the
mysql test. The way I'm doing it is:

        . /usr/local/etc/zm.conf
        while : ; do
                echo "USE zm; SELECT Username from Users where Id=1;" | \
                        /usr/local/bin/mysqltest -h ${ZM_DB_HOST} -u
${ZM_DB_USER} -p${ZM_DB_PASS} ${ZM_DB_NAME} > /dev/null 2>&1 && return