Instafix for FreeBSD ports brokenness on 10.0?

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 29 09:47:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:47:25AM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Why can't we simply fix the entire ports tree at once by doing something
> like this?

If we're not going to fiddle with auto* so close to a release date, we
certainly are not going to fiddle with the whole ports infrastructure
that affects even more ports, especially not for a workaround that only
affects CURRENT users.  Ports on CURRENT is only provided on a best
effort basis and its users are expected to be techically savvy enough to
work around these kinds of issues themselves.

We can always use more eyes on 9.0-BETA3 and as HEAD hasn't diverged
that much, it would be nice if people installed the beta and reported
any bugs found there.

Erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org