HEADS UP: ports/ and 10.0-CURRENT

h h aakuusta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:20:37 UTC 2011

"Hartmann, O." <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> On 09/28/11 09:26, Hartmann, O. wrote:

>>> Are you sure there's a sufficient window of opportunity? :)
>> "Window of Fortune"
>
> A stupid question: I experience some strange failures on one of my
> FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes.
> libiconv.so.3 is missing for svn. I can not install conversters/libiconv
> anymore, portbuild compains about a missing
> libintl.so.9 (huhh?), see below.

subversion port does not depend on iconv/gettext when WITHOUT_NLS is specified.

> Ok, libintl.so.9 is gettext. So I try reinstall gettext and it fails,
> also! gawk is missing libintl.so.9. So I try to reinstall gawk:
> portmaster gawk. But gawk complains about no intl found, so it tries to
> install gettext and gettext complains about not finding libintl.so.9.
[...]

Try to do WITHOUT_NLS install of lang/gawk. port builds are not done in
clean environment so GNU configure happily prefers gawk over nawk in base.

  # Check for gawk first since it's generally better.
  AN_MAKEVAR([AWK],  [AC_PROG_AWK])
  AN_PROGRAM([awk],  [AC_PROG_AWK])
  AN_PROGRAM([gawk], [AC_PROG_AWK])
  AN_PROGRAM([mawk], [AC_PROG_AWK])
  AN_PROGRAM([nawk], [AC_PROG_AWK])
  AC_DEFUN([AC_PROG_AWK],
  [AC_CHECK_PROGS(AWK, gawk mawk nawk awk, )])

Well, you can also deinstall the port.