Shared libs problem with ports under 10-CURRENT

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 26 18:25:53 UTC 2011

On 26 September 2011 11:55, Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> wrote:
> This morning I tried to upgrade my ports after installing the new 10-CURRENT
> (amd64).
>
> Unfortunately now I am not able to build ports using shared libraries like
> ports/libXext any more. They only build .a and .la files, but not .so ones.
>
> Is it possible that there is something wrong now with libtool-2.4 (or the
> linker /usr/bin/ld)?
>
> #libtool --features
> host: amd64-portbld-freebsd10.0
> disable shared libraries
> enable static libraries
>

> Does anyone else observes this behaviour? I would really appreciate some
> help.

Excerpt from libtool configure script:

    dgux*)
      archive_cmds='$LD -G -h $soname -o $lib $libobjs $deplibs $linker_flags'
      hardcode_libdir_flag_spec='-L$libdir'
      hardcode_shlibpath_var=no
      ;;

    freebsd1*)
      ld_shlibs=no
      ;;

    # FreeBSD 2.2.[012] allows us to include c++rt0.o to get C++ constructor
    # support.  Future versions do this automatically, but an explicit c++rt0.o
    # does not break anything, and helps significantly (at the cost of a little
    # extra space).
    freebsd2.2*)

I've mentioned this to an autotools member, who has offered to fix it
fairly soon :)

Chris