Replacing procmail with maildrop

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Sep 26 09:04:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 02:43:50AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Conrad J. Sabatier, and lo! it spake thus:

> I'm just wondering, though, if you could offer any advice on how to
> convert something like the following procmail recipe I use for my
> FreeBSD mailing lists.

I work off the envelope sender, but you can adapt it.  Maildrop gives
you subexpression matches.

if($RETPATH =~ /^<owner-freebsd-([^@]+)/)
    to $MBOXDIR/f-$MATCH1

(of course, the cvs list ends up having to be special cased)

So you'd just match the List-ID header similarly, something like

if(/^List-ID: freebsd-([a-z]+).freebsd.org/)
    to FreeBSD/$MATCH1

(totally untested of course...)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net