sysutils/fusefs-kmod compiles only with ruby 1.8

Kurt Jaeger pi at opsec.eu
Sat Sep 24 20:46:35 UTC 2011

Hi!

> > <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require': no such file to load -- deplate (LoadError)
> >         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'
> >         from /usr/local/bin/deplate:2:in `<main>'
> > *** Error code 1
> >

> I recall seeing this before, but I can't reproduce it right now and I'm
> not sure why. Here's my build log:

> http://people.freebsd.org/~swills/fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_8.log

As I described in the other post, I've /usr/local/bin with ruby18 and
ruby19.

If I put a link to -18 somewhere in my $PATH as ruby, it
compiles. If the link goes to -19, it fails.

> Could you check that everything is up to date and try again. If it still
> fails, send the complete build log and complete list of what's installed.

Maybe some similar contruct as in dns/opendnssec would help ?

.if ${RUBY_VER} == 1.9
BROKEN= does not work with ruby 1.9
.endif

And: Maybe some construct in bsd.ruby.mk which sets the ruby version?
[I have no patch on how to do this, but it sounds helpful
in general]

ruby --version seems to be helpful there ?

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         9 years to go !