Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 23 09:38:22 UTC 2011

        time for my dime's worth of questions.  is there any way of
        building that audio/video app or plugin that works with linux?
        it is from adobe and works with pc-bsd.  we've got a free
        version.  is it flash?  this is the main reason i switched
        to ubuntu for my desktop.  so i can watch sites like pbs.org
        and npr.org.  stream igages with sound.  in my opinion, it
        is this that stalls the broader use of all of the berkeley
        distributions.

I was successful with doxygen in FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1; trouble came in BETA2.

Do you mean Adobe (formerly Macromedia) Flash?  There's gnash and swfdec with swfdec-gnome.

I'm not sure how to select swfdec(-gnome).

Gnash is good on YouTube but dead on many other sites, such as Yahoo.

Then there are some web sites that use Adobe Flash apparently just to annoy the user: no YouTube-style movie, nothing that looks like a Flash video.

Examples are freefilefillableforms.com and online ads on shoplocal.com, though shoplocal.com also offers html ("dialup mode").

Can mplayer or vlc, or maybe other multimedia ports, play .flv files, or be used as a Flash plugin?

Tom