Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 15:17:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:56 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6727 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >From Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com>:
>
>> The circular dependancy is being caused by audio/jack,
>> graphics/graphviz and devel/sdl12:
>
>> audio/pulseaudio
>>  - audio/jack
>>  -- devel/doxygen
>>  --- graphics/graphviz
>>  ---- graphics/devil
>>  ----- devel/sdl12
>>  ------ audio/pulseaudio
>
>> There are several ways to break the circular dependancy:
>
>> 1. Turn the DOC option OFF for audio/jack.
>> 2. define NOPORTDOCS when installing devel/doxygen (breaks dependancy
>> on graphics/graphviz)
>> 3. Turn the DEVIL option OFF for graphics/graphviz
>> 4. Turn the PULSEAUDIO option OFF for devel/sdl12
>
> I already had DEVIL off for graphics/graphviz.

Sounds like you have the other circular dependancy ;-).  There are at
least 2 ways to create this circular dependancy, and at one point I
had documented both cases.  Unfortunately, I am unable to locate it
today.

You would need to capture a log of the build process to identify the
cause of your circular dependancy.

Scot