Circular dependency in devel/doxygen?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:10:28 UTC 2011

> > There are several ways to break the circular dependancy:
>
> > 1. Turn the DOC option OFF for audio/jack.
> > 2. define NOPORTDOCS when installing devel/doxygen (breaks dependancy
> > on graphics/graphviz)

Turning the DOC option off, and setting NOPORTDOCS are the same for audio/jack.

> How do you define NOPORTDOCS, do you insert "-D NOPORTDOCS" in 'make' command, like

Yes, or in the build environment, or in an included Makefile.

> What does NOPORTDOCS do in devel/doxygen?  Do I lose a lot of important documentation?

You retain a few manpages, but lose a lot of detailed API documents
that many users don't need.  In any event, you can download them from
the jack website:

http://jackaudio.org/documentation

>What is "doxywizard"?

Read the doxygen documents:

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/doxywizard_usage.html

> Having DOCS option on in audio/jack adds an intimidating load of dependencies, as I found through
> make missing | more

That is why they were just removed from the default package.

> maybe more than the ports framework can handle?

No, but maybe more than the average person who builds audio/jack wants
to handle.

b.