Ports with CPPFLAGS in CONFIGURE_(ARGS|ENV)

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Sep 19 02:32:17 UTC 2011

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:38:46 -0400
Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> > Do you mean one gigantic, monolithic patch that would amend all of
> > them, or a large set of individual patches (last I checked, there
> > were ~1453 ports in need of this sort of revision)?  I could go
> > either way, just need to know which would be preferred.
>
> One monolithic patch (preferably generated with "cvs diff -Nu")

OK.  Just a few more questions:

portlint -A issues no warning in the case of CPPFLAGS being added to
CONFIGURE_ARGS.  Should I concern myself only with CONFIGURE_ENV, or
would it be best to modify in either case?

Also, is there any possibility of either CONFIGURE_ENV or
CONFIGURE_ARGS being used in some non-standard fashion, i.e., with
anything other than a GNU configure script, meaning they should just be
left alone?

Just trying to avoid any potential "gotchas".

Thanks again.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net