cvs commit: ports/x11/nvidia-driver Makefile distinfo

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 11:54:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 07:38 -0400, Jerry wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:01:50 +0200
> Alex Dupre articulated:
>
> > Dmitry Marakasov ha scritto:

> > > Just for everyone's information, I've had system freezes with
> > > 280.13, 8.2-RELEASE i386, GeForce 9800 GT.
> >
> > I can confirm the freeze with 8.2 amd64 and a GeForce GTS 450. I had
> > to downgrade to 270.41.19.
>
> I just checked on one of my machines, and it is working correctly.
>
> dmesg | grep -i geforce
> nvidia0: <GeForce GT 220> on vgapci0
>
> This is a FreeBSD-8.2 amd64 machine and the card is not exactly "start
> of the art" either.

I'm using 280.13 since the hour it came out (atm on <GeForce GT 240>
8.2-STABLE i386) for 2D and 3D graphics work, VDPAU video acceleration,
3D gaming, desktop effects, for about 20 hours a day on average.

I have yet to see a single freeze or any other issue.

m.

--
Michal Varga,
Stonehenge (Gmail account)