Print +REQUIRED_BY as tree?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 13 07:01:25 UTC 2011

Hello, Doug.
You wrote 13 сентября 2011 г., 0:05:27:

> On 09/12/2011 12:58, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
>>  How could I determine which ports are directly lined with libgcc from
>> gcc44? ldd?
> Yes, that's really the only answer. I have the following function which
> would work:
 <snip>
 libchk port could help, too. But it seems top be broken. It shows,
 that system /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 depends on gcc44's libgcc_s.so
 and it is completely wrong!

 I'll fill pr about it!

> You could run old_libs <name of libgcc> and it would tell you which
> things are linked against it.

> Alternatively you could do the following with portmaster:
> portmaster -o lang/gcc45 gcc-4.4
> portmaster -R -r gcc-4.5
  Yep, but it is very long way when you have, say, kde4 installed. It
 is why I want to determine MINIMAL set of ports, which are REALLY
 depend on gcc4

  For example, x264 DEPENDS on gcc, (has USE_GCC=4.4+ in Makefile),
 but no x264 files are linked with libgcc_s.so or other libraries from
 gcc44. It seems, that we need separate USE_GCC_BUILD and USE_GCC_RUN,
 as with PERL or PYTHON.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>