Removed ports - looking from the bench

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 10 08:40:30 UTC 2011

The way that the FreeBSD project handles deleted ports is to leave them
in the CVS repository, where they are easily available to everyone who
would like to access them.

However I think that your idea is interesting, and I'd love to see the
people who are deeply concerned about deleted ports pursue it as an
independent project. If they do, I will personally put a reference to it
in the Handbook. :)

Doug