sysutils/cfs

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Sep 7 05:25:22 UTC 2011

On 07.09.2011 03:09, perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> So at this point, all that is needed is for someone interested in
> preserving the port -- like maybe you? -- to step up and_do_  that.

The main topic here -- despite the subject line -- is not about the
particular part, but about the conflicting opinions on when to remove
ports from the tree. The fate of sysutils/cfs or any other individual
port is, really, secondary to that discussion...

Yar, myself, as well as other folks, who object to the on-going
deprecations/removals of ports for the slightest of offenses, can fix
/any/ port currently on the death-row, but we can not fix /all/ of them.
Still, we would like them to remain in the tree -- unless they flat-out
do not build.

Yours,

    -mi