cvs commit: ports/mail/procmail Makefile

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 1 10:20:51 UTC 2011

on 31/08/2011 20:08 Matthias Andree said the following:
> If everyone cared to read not just the past three posts but what was
> written earlier in this whole thread, and ceased adding to the
> meaningless "I've had no problems", that would help.
>
> Just because someone hasn't tripped over the bugs yet, is not a reason
> to keep a port known to have massive bugs.  It's like security bugs,
> many people won't notice them and believe the software to be in proper
> working order until after it's too late.
>
> There's a difference between "mature" and abandoned-and-known-buggy.
> Not everything that hasn't changed in years is mature, there are a
> number of projects that have simply died and not been picked up by
> somebody else.

Not everything that has bugs is useless.
Not everything that appears to be abandoned is useless and can't/won't be picked up.

If you don't want to use this port - fine.  But let other people use it if they want.

--
Andriy Gapon