next clang -exp run, when? (Was: svn commit: r226890 - in stable/9:...)

Nali Toja nalitoja at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:26:02 UTC 2011

> Log:
>   MFC r226633:
>
>   Upgrade our copy of llvm/clang to r142614, from upstream's release_30
>   branch.  This brings us very close to the 3.0 release, which is expected
>   November 16, 2011.
[...]

Now, if only we could have one more -exp run since

  - the last one was several months ago
  - many ports were fixed since then while, others stalled

      - java/openjdk (ports/151042)
      - lang/ocaml (ports/160492)
      - silvercity, py-wxpython*, py-matplotlib (ports/161564)

  - at least one committer (crees@) is hostile towards PRs about clang
    build failures, e.g. ports/161204 was closed with no logs from any
    of clang -exp runs

It should probably be done on /stable/9 as /head is still unstable in
regards to various places hardcoding freebsd9 as the upper limit or
having invalid regexp/glob (e.g. libtool checks).

For one, I'm curious what happend to the following ports

  graphics/libfpx
  sysutils/cdrdao
  sysutils/cdrtools*