databases/postgresql84-server 8.4.9 rc.d script broken

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 17:38:27 UTC 2011

Am 19.10.2011 02:45, schrieb John Marshall:
> After upgrading databases/postgresql84-server from 8.4.8_1 to 8.4.9, the
> rc.d script vomits thus:
>
>   rwsrv03# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql start
>   su: unknown login: %%PG_USER%%
>
> Presumably the updated port is missing a substitution edit but I haven't
> found where.

I had previously filed

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/161785

Note that the PostgreSQL client update can break other software
depending on the state of the options.  If that happens (such as
breaking Perl-based PGSQL stuff), "make rmconfig" and rebuild.

Filed as http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/161786 - this
appears related to the GSSAPI option, which seems to have regressed
since the previous 8.4.8* versions, too.  See the PR for more details
please.