flashplugin does not work anymore

Luchesar V. ILIEV luchesar.iliev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:51:34 UTC 2011

On 17/10/2011 13:10, David Demelier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My flash plugin has been broken a few days ago, now each time I try to
> access a flash content I can see the following output:
>
> (npviewer.bin:2177): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: failed to initialize plugin-side RPC
> client connection
> NOTE: child process received `Goodbye', closing down
>
> I use the latest linux-f10-flashplugin-10.3r183.10 version.
>
> Do you have any idea?
>
> Cheers,

It looks exactly like the problem introduced with the last patch to the
base system...

http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-11:05.unix.asc

"The patch provided with the initial version of this advisory exposed
the pre-existing bug in FreeBSD's linux emulation code, resulting in
attempts to use UNIX sockets from linux applications failing.  The most
common instance where UNIX sockets were used by linux applications is
in the context of the X windowing system, including the widely used
linux "flash" web browser plugin."

So, perform whatever type of updating you typically use to apply the
fixed patch.

HTH,
Luchesar

--