New Port for ACE-6.0.4

Goran Lowkrantz glz at hidden-powers.com
Mon Oct 17 08:19:40 UTC 2011

--On October 17, 2011 8:19:23 +0100 Matthew Seaman
<m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> On 17/10/2011 02:45, Goran Lowkrantz wrote:
>> - Both devel/ace5 and devel/ace6 installs version 5 of shared libraries.
>> Should not devel/ace6 install version 6?
>
> Um... no.  Not unless the ABI has changed.

Which is why I put the question, the need to verify. I would not expect ACE
to change major number due to marketing pressure so the probability that
there are incompatible changes between major versions is significant.

/glz

---
"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."
                -- Arthur C. Clarke