on HEAD subversion-freebsd: Error: shared library "sqlite3.8" does not exist

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Oct 14 17:15:37 UTC 2011

Am 14.10.2011 13:49, schrieb Anton Shterenlikht:
> Is this related to the auto tools issue?
>
> ===>   subversion-freebsd-1.6.17_4 depends on shared library: sqlite3.8 - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for sqlite3.8 in /usr/ports/databases/sqlite3
> ===>   Returning to build of subversion-freebsd-1.6.17_4
> Error: shared library "sqlite3.8" does not exist
>
> I've sqlite3-3.7.8 installed.
> This is on 10.0-CURRENT #7 r225932

Well, 10-CURRENT and ports is an issue.

WRT the port, note that the ports system uses a different naming for
libraries, the sqlite3.8 means that it is looking for a libsqlite3.so.8
file, not that you need version 3.8 installed.  That may be confusing,
and I suppose your problem is due to installing on FreeBSD 10-CURRENT.

There have been various discussions about how to solve the issues around
version being bumped from 9 to 10 (where 10 compares lower in string
comparisons, and 10 matches freebsd-1.* patterns in ports), and there
are hints in /usr/ports/UPDATING, which see.

HTH