FreeBSD Port: emesene-1.6.3_1

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:48:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I began to work on (v 2.11.5), but currently I'm not enough time.

Main difficult is, we must patch some portion of code, because FreeBSD
is not Linux nor Windows. It's hard (and boing) work.

Emesene's guys maintain, their own version of papyon (when I saw to
update emesene port, our version of papyon was already obsolete). We
must check if everything is always ok on FreeBSD.

We need testers, because emesene2 normallly works with GTK2 toolkit
and Qt. Numbers of protocols are increased (msn, jabber, ...)

Github.com is not ideal place, to dowload tarball, we must an alternate place

Last but not least, setup.py file is very "awful".

I think, we must time to update this port.

2011/10/12 Marco Alberoni <m.alberoni at cineca.it>:
> Good morning, is there a plan to upgrade the FreeBSD emesene port to the
> latest version (2.11.9)?
>

> Yours sincerely
>
> --
>                Marco Alberoni