devel/cross-gcc and cross-binutils: how to set TGTARCH and TGTABI

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 11 09:22:55 UTC 2011

> What is your target?
> Do you just want to cross-build the Linux and NetBSD kernels, or userland
> applications?  For Linux we can probably try to add a port that uses glibc
> instead of newlib.

> Stanislav Sedov

In the case of NetBSD, I would want to build the kernel and base system not including X.

Then I would install pkgsrc and build Xorg from that.

There is a NetBSD Guide online that tells how to do those things, question being whether it would work from FreeBSD.

Getting a productive NetBSD system on my hardware is already a long shot, no USB 3.0 support among other things.

For Linux, I would want to build kernel plus tools to get to a bootable minimal system, then go from there Linux-native.
I would want a package manager such as pacman or Conary for Linux rather than build packages one at a time and have to keep track of dependencies.

Tom