devel/cross-gcc and cross-binutils: how to set TGTARCH and TGTABI

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 6 08:53:34 UTC 2011

> From $PORTSDIR/devel/cross-binutils:

> GNU binutils for cross-target application development.

> Prerequisite for the GCC cross-compiling environment.

> Use TGTARCH switch to select target architecture, and TGTABI to select ABI.
> E.g. the following command will build binutils for rtems on sparc:
> % make TGTARCH=sparc TGTABI=rtems

> If you encounter any problems building/using/installing this port, please
> make me know. It would help to improve this port in feature.

-- Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org>

My question is how to set TGTARCH and TGTABI, that is not documented; I looked at the web sites.

Would TGTARCH be i386 or amd64, if I want to build for those platforms?

What about TGTABI?  I don't know the proper code words, would want to compile for Linux and possibly NetBSD.

Maybe I need to "make fetch" followed by "make extract" and look inside?

Tom