syslog-ng 3.3

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Wed Oct 5 19:59:18 UTC 2011

In message <4E8C1C5C.6070604 at balabit.hu>, Peter Czanik writes:
> Hello,
>
> A new version of syslog-ng was released during the weekend, version
> 3.3.1. As it has some major changes (
> http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.3.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS;hb=HEAD
> ), like changing from a single thread to multithreading, it is still
> only available from sysutils/syslog-ng-devel. It is already in
> production on many Linux servers, and works fine on my low traffic
> FreeBSD machine, but I did not receive feedback yet from the FreeBSD
> community.
>
> So please test it and let me know any positive/negative experiences you
> have!
>
> I'd also like to use this e-mail to thank Cy for maintaining syslog-ng
> in the FreeBSD ports!

Thanks Peter. Your team has produced an excellent piece of software.

I'd like to add that the plan is to commit 3.3.1 to the prod port
(sysutils/syslog-ng) in a week. Peter and I would like to hear from anyone
regarding any issues, no matter how small. Please check out the -devel port
before 3.3.1 is committed to the main syslog-ng port next week.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>