Still can't build libreoffice

Oliver Heesakkers freebsd at heesakkers.info
Tue Oct 4 19:12:37 UTC 2011

On 04.10.2011 06:10, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 10/03/2011 07:32, Oliver Heesakkers wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem (9.0 BETA3 amd64)
>>
>> When I set libreoffice's DEBUG option, the build (`make`) does
>> complete.
>
> Thanks, that gave me some new places to look. I had the following in
> make.conf:
>
> CFLAGS+=       -g
> DEBUG_FLAGS+=  -g
>
> Commenting those out avoids the cppunittest error, but now it fails
> in
> various random locations depending on the options I choose. I still
> have
> the following in make.conf in case that's relevant:
>
> (...)
>
> I tried enabling the DEBUG option and that just caused it to fail
> somewhere else.

That makes no sense to me, as enabling DEBUG for libreoffice lets me
complete the build.

I moved my entire portstree to /home and was able to build, install,
package and run a debug build of libreoffice (30G to build, 1.2G as a
package)

I have nothing in make.conf but perl / ruby / python version
declarations,
LOCALIZED_LANG=nl and now of course PORTSDIR=home/ports

Running a debug build is far from ideal, so I'm still looking for a
solution.
Comparing my script-output with Nikolov's tb-log I note that Nikolov:
- has more dependencies
- uses nawk instead of gawk
- uses tar instead of gtar
- uses OSVERSION=900039 instead of OSVERSION=900044
- uses gtk instead of kde4 VCLplug
- - (I also get a "configure: WARNING: unrecognized options:
--with-qt-includes, --with-qt-libraries, --with-extra-libs,
--with-extra-includes")
- uses en-US instead of nl (I have LOCALIZED_LANG=nl in make.conf)
- has 1 instead of 2 processors to use

This last one seems interesting to me, looking futher I notice that
modules are
delivered in a different order. Comparing the three builds, all three
have a
different order, i.e.: testautomation is delivered first in Nikolov's
build and
my DEBUG build, but in my failing non-DEBUG build it gets delivered
third.

Is the order in which modules are delivered relevant?

Can I force my build process to run on one processor to see if this
makes a
difference?

Failing build log:
heesakkers.info/showandtell/libreofficeKDE4.gz
Successful DEBUG build log:
heesakkers.info/showandtell/libreofficeKDE4-DEBUG.gz