More trouble with wine: won't build for amd64

Любомир Григоров nm.knife at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 10:26:42 UTC 2011

You could try to use the unofficial AMD54 package by David Naylor from
http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64 , has bath ver 8 and ver 9 builds.

I am on PC-BSD 9.0-BETA3 and had no problem running an i386 Wine PBI
parallel with the unofficial AMD64 package. Both were working. Also, when in
doubt, don't compile for hours, use
# pkg_add -r *name*

Cheers.
2011/10/2 Thomas Mueller <mueller6727 at bellsouth.net>

> Now I find I can't build emulators/wine on my new computer because wine is
> for i386 only.
>
> Any way I can get an i386 compatibility mode?
>
> I could try, perhaps when FreeBSD 9.0 is released, installing and building
> ports on a 16 GB USB stick to run on the older computer (i386), but capable
> also of running on the new computer.  Then I could hopefully build wine.
>  Ports tree and work directories would be on the new computer hard drive
> rather than the USB stick.
>
> I think wine can be built for either i386 or amd64 in Linux.
>
> Tom

Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)