change in portupgrade reporting for editors/koffice-kde4

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Mon Nov 28 11:03:41 UTC 2011

On Monday 28 November 2011 02:30:02 you wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 03:46:47 -0800
>
> David Southwell <admin at vizion2000.net> mentioned:
> > I have noticed a small change in reporting from portupgrade for
> > koffice-kde4.
> >

> > Current behaviour reports as below even when koffice-kde4 is up to date.
> > Previously if koffice-kde4 was up to date there was no such report. The
> > previous behaviour seemed preferable as one only checked to update
> > koffice when the report, as shown below, appeared. Now one always has to
> > check!
> >
> > Is the change intentional - if so why?
> >

> > [root at dns1 /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33]# portupgrade -a
> > [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 1046 packages
> > found (-2 +2) (...).. done]
> >
> > ** Port marked as IGNORE: editors/koffice-kde4:
> >         does not build with x11-toolkits/qt33 installed. Please deinstall
> >
> > qt-3.x first
> > ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> >
> >         - editors/koffice-kde4 (marked as IGNORE)
>
> Hi, David!
>
> porupgrade gives you this report because the port you have installed
> (koffice-kde4) is now marked as ignored.  So it tries to let you know
> that there might be wrong with the current configuration and it might
> need your attention.  In your case, I think that deinstalling qt33 might
> be a way to go (if you don't need it and nothing is using it) if you would
> like to be able to upgrade kdeoffice-kde4 in the future.

Hi Stas
I am aware of that but I am not certain you have grasped my point.

What you say about qt33 has been the case for some time.

However there are still ports that depend upon qt33. The previous arrangement
was thatkoffice-kde4 only gave the port ignore message when the installed port
was NOT up todate.

Now it ALWAYS gives that message.

This is an irritating change. Maybe the port could add an announcement that
koffice-kde4 is uptodate. As things stand everytime portupgrade is run you now
need to check whether an update to koffioce-kde4 is actually available. It
would be even better would be a workround enabling installation even when qt33
is installed but I feel that is asking too much!

David