"postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

Jase Thew freebsd at beardz.net
Fri Nov 18 17:21:07 UTC 2011

On 18/11/2011 11:48, perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> Pav Lucistnik<pav at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> The build jails are configured to have only IPv4 address on lo0,
>> but the host have both IPv4 and IPv6 configured on its lo0.
>
> Even disregarding RFC3513, is an IPv6-enabled kernel without an IPv6
> address on lo0 a realistic configuration for a "real" FreeBSD system?
> If not, I'd think it worthwhile to make pointyhat more realistic.
> (Either way, it seems unobjectionable to improve the robustness of
> postfix, making it more liberal in what it accepts.)

FreeBSD jails only expose the IP addresses they are configured to use.
So if you have an IPv6 enabled host (which is the default) with jails
that are configured with only IPv4 addresses, then yes, it is very
realistic.

Furthermore, by default, jails don't have any v4 addresses assigned to
the loopback interface - 127.0.0.1 and inaddr_loopback are automagically
aliased to the primary v4 IP assigned to the jail.

Jase.