"postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 16 09:28:23 UTC 2011

On 2011/11/16 02:56, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 17:55:57 +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>
>> Jase Thew píše v út 15. 11. 2011 v 16:31 +0000:
>>
>>> What networking/DNS configuration is Pointyhat lacking (or have
>>> sufficiently different to break the socket code inside of postconf)?
>>
>> It is a purposefully no-networking sandbox jail. What networking
>> activity postconf wants to run?
>
> Wietse, in a post[1] on the Postfix mailing list, lends further credence
> to a suspicion that this issue is particular to pointyhat:
>
>   Postconf opens a socket to determine the mynetworks value (it
>   determines the local interfaces and their netmasks).
>
>   I have heard about bizarre errors on FreeBSD (jail) systems where the
>   user-land library was out of sync with kernel-land, resulting in data
>   structure mis-matches and system calls returning nonsensical results.
>
> [1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2011-11/0385.html

That's entirely possible.

Is it a clever idea to hardcode local interfaces on build machine into a
package that will then be redistributed to other machines?

Sounds like postfix will have to do without official packages on FreeBSD
from now on.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
               <pav at FreeBSD.org>